On an ongoing basis, BrandActive International Inc. (BrandActive) will make reasonable efforts to ensure that policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. The following also meets the company’s requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Information and communication
BrandActive is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. BrandActive will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information requirements and when asked, we will provide information and communications materials in accessible formats or with communication supports. This includes publicly available information about our goods, services and facilities.
BrandActive will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service are available upon request by posting a notice on BrandActive’s public website (www.brandactive.com). Upon request, we will also provide these documents in alternate formats that take into account the person’s disability.
Support to customers with disabilities
- Assistive devices: BrandActive will ensure that our team members are familiar with various assistive devices or techniques that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
- Service animals: BrandActive welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
- Support persons: A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
BrandActive will provide accessible customer service training to all team members and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
New team members will be trained on AODA’s requirements within one month of their hire date as part of their team member orientation. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- BrandActive’s policy related to accessibility and the customer service standard
- Awareness on best ways to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- BrandActive’s approach to working with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing BrandActive’s goods and services
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, BrandActive will notify customers promptly as appropriate. This will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way BrandActive provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback by telephone, in person, in writing, in electronic format (e.g. email) or through other relevant methods. We will post a statement on BrandActive’s website (www.brandactive.com) to this effect.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the Director, Human Resources who can be reached at:
400 University Ave., Suite 2101 Toronto ON M5G 1S5
T 416.595.1511 ext. 226
Customers can expect to hear back in 30 working days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of BrandActive that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.